University of California, Riverside

Materials Science and Engineering

Student Advising


Academic Advisors assist in all department-level and college-level advising services, including:

  • Assessing academic qualifications and progress
  • Assist students with quarterly and annual course planning, registration details, enrollment questions, and prerequisite satisfaction.
  • Counsel prospective students on academic requirements necessary to enter the College's programs.
  • Refer students to campus services and resources, as appropriate.

For more information, visit the BCOE Office of Student Affairs Website

  • Review candidates' eligibility for readmission, special admission, major change, double majors, and minors. 
  • Evaluate and advise students in academic difficulty. Act on student petitions for exceptions to College and/or department requirements.
  • Review student degree progress toward graduation. Advise students of discrepancies discovered in these reviews.

More Information 

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

College Information

Bourns College of Engineering
313 Materials Science & Engineering Building

Tel: (951) 827-3383
Fax: (951) 827-3188x

Related Links